Thursday, December 24, 2009

ACANTHOPANAX


I actually got this plant as a gift from the guy whom I always buy plants from at the Thursday market in Sitiawan. He said that since I was such a regular customer, he would give the plant to me. In Cantonese, we call it 'Sam Kar Pei'. The guy said that it was used a lot in Chinese medicine. True enough, when I checked the Chinese website on herbs, this particular plant has a lot of medicinal uses.

Scientific name: Acanthopanax trifoliatus L. Merr.
Chinese name: 三加皮
Medicinal uses(主治用法):
1. Colds, fever, bone pain (感冒发烧骨痛)
2. Rheumatic arthralgia, lumbago (风湿关节痛,腰腿痛)
3. Gastric pain, enteritis (胃痛,肠炎)
4. Jaundice, cholecystitis, gall stone (黄疸,胆囊炎,胆石症)
5. Leucorrhea, urinary tract stone (白带,尿路结石)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Ms. Cheah. Where can I get Acanthopanax seeds?