Puan Hajah Intan Suhana bt Kamarudin, Pengarah Kolej Vokasional Seri Manjung telah merasmikan Reflexology Walking Path Taman Herba KVSM pada 26 Disember 2013. Tapak ini dapat dibina dengan sebahagian wang hadiah pertandingan inovasi dan juga sumbangan dari pensyarah dan staf KVSM.
Dengan adanya Reflexology Path ini, warga KVSM dapatlah menyihatkan badan semasa waktu lapang.
My friend and colleague Faizal (first picture) was the one who gave me RM250 which was part of the winnings for a competition that his Innovation Team won. That was what I started with to build the Reflexology Path in the college Herb Garden. Of course, that amount was not enough. From my estimation, I needed about RM550 and so I went about getting my colleagues and friends to contribute to my project. Happily everyone was very cooperative and in no time I managed to get the amount required. The college contractor agreed to build the path for free and so I did not need to worry about labour cost.
I had initially planned to hold the opening ceremony at the beginning of the new semester but since Faizal's request for a transfer to Sarawak has been approved and he has to report for duty at the beginning of January, I had no choice but to hold it during the holidays. I had wanted him to be present during the ceremony.
At exactly noon today, the director of the college, Puan Hajah Intan Suhana bt Kamarudin, officially declared the Reflexology Path open. It was a very simple opening ceremony. What is important is that the project was successfully carried out and now we have a beautiful walking path. The path not only helps to promote health among the denizens of the college, it also adds to the aesthetics of the Herb Garden.
Benefits of Reflexology Walking Paths
- According to traditional Chinese medical theory, regularly walking on reflexology walking paths:
- Stimulates reflexology areas and pressure points in your feet that correspond to all major body organs and areas.
- Stimulates vital energy and blood flow throughout your body.
- Relieves stress, improves balance, enhances physical and mental well-being.
- Allows you to control the length and amount of stimulation, e.g. short, light walks on smooth stones, or longer walks on thinner, sharper-edged stones.
- Also, cobblestone walking reflexology for elderly people and anyone in poor health or recovering from injury or illness is particularly beneficial as it's a gentle yet deep-working therapy.